Leave a comment! Enjoy the polls!

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Aloha from Mapleton

Hello out there in "wondering whasup with Cord" land...Thanks for checking and reading about our boy.

Like Josh said, McCord calls on Sundays  only (instead of the two calls he is allowed)  since his 30 minute calls are $8.00 each, he has changed in that respect...yes RESPECT...for other people's wallets.  (daddy's?) Hmmm...how our son is changing.

 Mike and I got home from Hawaii this past Saturday and since we had missed the last Sunday's call (we were  sad we missed the cousin's playing & everyone hanging out at our house without us)  we were glad when Cord called this past Sunday like clockwork.  Jana and I were the only ones here and she took most of the time...(j/k) updating Cord about things that I know little about ...like top 40 Ryan Seacrest songs (does Ryan Seacrest sing?)...and 24 and other TV shows I am clueless about...(I do like American Idol....I guess I should vote for RYAN..who knew he sang?? lol) I think it is good that Jana can do this...maybe make him feel "normal" for a few minutes talking to his "normal" sister..(hmmm did that come out right? vs his "abnormal" other sisters ha)

Anyway, it was good talking to him on Sunday and he seems to have such a good attitude about his whole situation.  Mike rushed home from Sunday meetings and got to speak with him the last few minutes of the phone call.  We, as parents, are thankful that this time is going so quickly for him and for us.  He has been in prison since February 17, 2010.

Monday morn. the phone rang and there was that Gunnison phone number that gives my heart a start and then a double start...that's like a palpitation of sorts (OH YES...it's McCord...oh, NO..it's McCord...is there a problem???)  I pushed 5 to accept the call and heard his voice...it sounded normal..
 ( See...Jana's "Normalcy" is rubbing off on him)

The problem is that he had just met with his counselor and said counselor told him that he is NOT on the Parole board docket in May....All the dates are already filled...because the AP&P had not sent their post sentencing report in, now McCord will have to wait until June or July to get a hearing date set.  He seemed bummed about this because the sooner he appears before the parole board, the sooner he will know how much longer he has to be incarcerated. (which again could be good news or could be bad news)..hence his nervousness at said coming event.

I have jumped through some hula hoops and alot of red tape tripping me up, (I certainly would NOT win any Olympic medals for Ribbon/hoop rhythmic dancing routine) but I think I have a resolution for him when he calls again next Sunday.   It's just a waiting game...that's all there is to it...so we all hurry up and wait and wait and wait..just the name of the "government game" we play.  Good thing he wasn't banished to the Chateau d'lf in Count of Monte Cristo...where they throw away the key...small blessings.

So, I called AP&P  and a gal there told me that YES they DID send the post sentencing reports on March 25 (their deadline was April 12) and if McCord will tell her the name of his counselor, then she (Jessica at AP&P) can email him to see what the Cra_* yes she did use that word...he is telling McCord...

Good news for Cord is that his OLD probation officer (who didn't seem to think highly of our son...no names named but it starts with a G) is NOT going to be his new Parole officer even though that is what we were all told  would be the case!  Hurray for our side.  (pray for a nice parole officer for him....)lol He needs nice people in his life.

*********Then there is the case of LETTER WRITING.....to the PAROLE BOARD.  These letters should be from concerned and loving friends and family, neighbors, mailman, joggers, passer- byers...anyone who would like to give a "glowing" recommendation that our son is really a wonderful person despite all the baggage he seems destined to carry around with him  (i know...CHOICES!! and consequences!!)  PLUS HE IS IN RECOVERY!! YEAH!

These letters will  let the parole board members (6 of them) know that he does have a strong support team on his side when he does get out  and that there are people in his life who he can count on in good times and bad....  A virtual SUPPORT TEAM if you will....anyone can send a letter...the more the merrier I always say.  I am still trying to get an address of where to send said LETTERS...?  SO many different answers...some say, Mail them into McCOrd and he takes them to the Board himself..others say, NO mail them to the parole board in Murray and on and on. where it stops nobody knows..

.So when I get a real solid answer..I will let you know where to mail them.  The letters need to be written and sent before his parole board hearing, which we have no clue when that is, so I guess we still all have time....(waiting, waiting,waiting...)

Thank you for all your prayers and support you have shown.  We know that McCord is a wonderful man and his heart is one of GOLD!  We LOVE him so much and want the BEST for him and his little family.

LOVE,
Debi & Mike

1 comments:

Jana Davis said...

Well said Mom. love you

Post a Comment